[asterisk-dev] GSoC 2010

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Feb 3 09:23:55 CST 2010

On 02/03/2010 08:07 AM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> Even though Russell has final word, I hope that he still listens to the dev community in large before carving these decisions in stone. I think he was just making his personal feelings known, and is open for discussion. Start developing and prove that it's a useful addition. Use the asterisk-forge, but take care to maintain license cleanless if you want to integrate it into Asterisk at a later point.
>
> Go where no Asterisk developer has gone before. Invent, impress and convince us all.

Thanks, Olle.  This is absolutely correct.  This is my opinion the
matter, but I have no intention of putting my foot down in this area and
rejecting contributions.  If enough people find it useful, and there are
developers willing to write, test, and maintain it, then that is much
more powerful than my own personal opinion on how I wish Asterisk was
designed 10 years ago.  :-)

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager, Open Source Software