[asterisk-dev] Directory structure for testsuite

Paul Belanger pabelanger at digium.com
Wed Dec 1 13:14:36 CST 2010

On 10-12-01 01:21 PM, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> Most of that seems fine, but I'd like to break some of the categories
> encompassed within res out into their own top levels.  For example,
> realtime and agi should both be top levels, as there is likely to be a ton
> of tests in each, and they are logical units that people think of first.
> Additionally, I would eschew the app_ prefix on application tests; the
> only reason we have the prefix for modules is that on install, they get
> dumped into a single directory.

And I am fine with that.  As for realtime, while we don't have any tests
ATM, I would like to make the current ones more generic so they can be
run against static or realtime (odbc, mysql, sqlite, etc).
Maybe create a new properties flag in test-config.yaml so run-tests.py
would make sure to run the same test but toggle between the various
properties values.  Same could be said about running the same test
across various channels.

I realize certain conditions / tests would not work that way however it
would help cut down on duplicate code / tests.

Here is the update layout, if needed we could also create a 'core'
directory to help breakout the tests.

--
tests/
     agi/
     ami/
     app/
         amd/
         chanspy/
     cdr/
     cel/
     channels/
         IAX2/
         SIP/
     codec/
     format/
     func/
     pbx/
     realtime/ ; Directory or flag we set within test-config.yaml
     res/

--
Paul Belanger
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer