[asterisk-dev] Asterisk as a Gateway

Paul Hansen phansen at amtelco.com
Wed Aug 25 14:07:05 CDT 2010

Good Afternoon,

I want to use Asterisk as an Avaya H323 -> PRI-ISDN gateway.

Questions:

1)       Will this work?

2)       Will the duplicate channels be dropped when an Avaya extension
places a call across the H.323 thru Asterisk and out the PRI, and a call
is placed to an Avaya extension from the PRI side thru Asterisk, thru
H323, using QSIG path replacement, or explicit call transfer command
issued on the PRI?

3)       If the answer is yes, would the duplicate H323 channels be
dropped as well and essentially ending up with a call between two Avaya
extensions?

This is in an answer transfer environment where calls will be answered,
and transferred; I need to make sure that the extra channels are
dropped.

Paul L. Hansen

American Tel-A-Systems, Inc. (Amtelco)

Software Engineer