[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Git Mirrors

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Aug 24 05:02:08 CDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 12:50:15AM -0700, Randall Degges wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I realize that most of you (probably) get source updates from the official
> SVN repos (which are great). I've been doing more and more work with the
> Asterisk code base recently, but don't like using SVN much.

> If you'd like to check the mirrors out, they are at:
>
> http://github.com/comradeb14ck/asterisk
> <http://github.com/comradeb14ck/asterisk>
> http://github.com/comradeb14ck/asterisk-addons
> <http://github.com/comradeb14ck/asterisk-addons>
> http://github.com/comradeb14ck/dahdi
> <http://github.com/comradeb14ck/dahdi>http://github.com/comradeb14ck/libpri
> <http://github.com/comradeb14ck/libpri>http://github.com/comradeb14ck/libss7
>
> <http://github.com/comradeb14ck/libss7>That's all, cheers!

See also:

  http://gitorious.org/asterisk-tools

The name is there because it initially started as a set of scripts for
git-svn mirroring (I needed to use them on more than one computer) but
then I figured I can make a mostly proper git mirror.

Specifcally, it attempts to include branches for all branches and tags
for all tags. It also has a nice post-{checkout,merge} hook script
(originally by sruffel) to set .version at checkout time from the last
'git-svn-id:' log line. I tried to keep as much as possible of the
post-checkout setup complexity in a single .setup' script.

In short, it is a very handy code browser ('log', 'blame', and simply
looking at any branch). I also use it for the bulk of my coding.

The size of my current Asterisk working copy (w/a fully built Asterisk):

  $ du -sh .git .
  247M    .git
  638M    .

Compared to the size of my r/w SVN copies:

  $ du -sch asterisk-1* asterisk-trunk
  153M    asterisk-1.4
  201M    asterisk-1.6.0
  215M    asterisk-1.6.1
  230M    asterisk-1.6.2
  414M    asterisk-trunk
  1.2G    total

My problems so far:

1. svn:externals don't work. Workarounds are needed. Specifically: get
menuselelct from somewhere, or whatever. For dahdi-linux trunk this is
luckily no longer needed.

2. I can't get git-svn to use HTTPS certificates authentication. Thus I
cannot commit from Git, or even can't sync from origsvn if I need to.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com