[asterisk-dev] Queue stats resetting on reload. Trying to engage the community...

Ron Arts ron.arts at netland.nl
Mon Aug 16 11:48:49 CDT 2010

Op 16-08-10 18:27, Mark Michelson schreef:
> On Mon, 2010-08-16 at 17:51 +0200, Ron Arts wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> At the moment in 1.6.x and 1.8 beta, a queue reload clears the queue stat counters.
>> I put in a bug report about that, and provided a patch, but it was rejected,
>> because it seems to be expected behaviour as per comments by russellb.
>>
>> When warlock52 reported this as a bug a few days ago, pabelanger suggested to
>> involve the community. So that's what I'm doing now.
>>
>> Is it to be expected that the queue stats are cleared when a CLI queue reload
>> is issued? I do reloads during the day, and my customers do not appreciate
>> the per-agent call counters, and last call time etc being cleared, because
>> it immediately affects their queue processing.
>>
>> What is the reason this is implemented this way?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ron
>>

> When the "queue reload" command was added in 1.6.2, the idea was to make
> it behave the same way as the command "module reload app_queue.so" from
> previous versions. That command reset statistics, and so the new command
> did the same.
>
> Now as to why it worked that way prior to 1.6.2...your guess is as good
> as mine there. How did your proposed patch work? If it just
> unequivocally turned off stat resetting during a reload, it makes sense
> why it would be rejected since there may be those who rely on such
> behavior and changing it mid-release is a bad idea. One idea that could
> be looked into would be to add a qualifier to the end of the "queue
> reload" command that indicates that you do not wish to also be resetting
> the statistics. Even so, I'm not sure that would make it into 1.6.2
> though.

My patch added a keepstats=yes option in queues.conf which defaulted to
'no', so the default behaviour would retained.

Ron

--
Netland Internet Services BV
bedrijfsmatige internetoplossingen

http://www.netland.nl  Science Park 140           1098 XG Amsterdam
info: 020-5628282      servicedesk: 020-5628282   fax: 020-5628281
KvK Amsterdam 33253286

Op dit bericht is de volgende disclaimer van toepassing:
http://www.netland.nl/maildisclaimer