[asterisk-dev] whats the data flow from socket to tdm ?

Muhammad Ali enigma.ali at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 13:52:48 CDT 2010

Hi,

Someone please guide me about the data flow of packet (once the call has
been established) from sockets (i am assuming asterisk uses sockets, if am
wrong kindly correct) to how it goes through zaptel to TDM cards in the form
of tdm channels of lower bandwidth than the actual socket itself . And still
we dont feel any delay in RTP traffic,

My questions:
1-  which file should i see for asterisk opening sockets for voip.
2- how does it travel through the code to zaptel .
3- how is it that the ethernet traffic (RTP) running at a greater data rate
doesnt feel a delay when heard over a TDM interface.
4- If someone can help me find out the relevant files to look into for above
questions, that would be really helpful.

Is there any other help for asterisk dev available other than this mailing
list ?

BR.
--
ALi...