[asterisk-dev] DTMF issues with 1.6.1.18

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Fri Apr 30 11:36:18 CDT 2010

We having issues with DTMF on 1.6.1.18

Our systems are running rfc2833 with our national carriers. The issue that
is arising is DTMF is degrading over time. When we send out DTMF we are
told the DTMF messages are not correct. When I do a pcap the dtmf packets
look ok but they just don't' work. If I restart asterisk the issues goes
away with all of the carriers but comes back several days later.  My
asterisk to asterisk DTMF is not effected so I don't understand what is
happening.

I am dealing with multiple carriers and two of them are telling me that the
DTMF packets are not correct when this error is occurring. Any ideas on
what could be causing the DTMF packets to start being sent wrong? I have
not been able to find any bug reports that would cover this.

Any help on how to start trouble shooting this one would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bryant