[asterisk-dev] "Digium development team" - not Asterisk dev team

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Apr 20 08:12:34 CDT 2010

20 apr 2010 kl. 14.48 skrev Leif Madsen:

> The Digium development team

I get sad when I only see this name being used - and not "the Asterisk development team". Maybe it's time to write the history of the old "Asterisk dev team" and put it to rest.

At the same time, because of this being the case in more and more communication from Digium, the expectation only gets bigger that Digium will add all needed resources and it's very hard for the rest of us to get any commercial support for our development work... I will soon have to just file bug reports for a lot of my branches and let the Digium Development Team handle the code to commit before they gets too rotten and old, like the developer who wrote them...

I know you where specifically talking about the DIgium team in this mail, Leif, so it's not a personal attack on you. It's just a cry from an old guy that wants everything to be more community-focused, like in the old days... Both an Open Source Project and an Open Source PBX.

On a different topic: SIPit 26 is getting more and more registrations. Will the Digium dev team reconsider and register, now that flights are flying again? You need to test the trunk stack with all the changes before release. I guess I will personally be too busy being the host of the event to complete any tests.

/O