[asterisk-dev] Broken SIP dialog if INFOmessagesreceivedbeforefinal OK

Karl H. Putz karl.putz at khptel.com
Tue Apr 20 07:16:19 CDT 2010

On Apr 20, 2010, at 7:54 AM, Nick Lewis wrote:

>> The use of INFO is very poorly documented, but we should
>> be able to handle other transactions while we have an
>> open INVITE transaction.
> I think most transactions other that INFO (e.g. REGISTER, SUBSCRIBE,
> NOTIFY, OPTIONS) would be in a different dialog/Call-ID from the open
> INVITE transaction so would not present asterisk with a problem. There
> seems to be much argument in the ietf lists regarding nested reinvites
> and updates which looks to a first approximation to summarise to
> "don't". Therefore the potential need for nested dialog transactions
> seems to be limited to INFO.
>
>> The SIP stack needs a lot of love.
> I think all my love is used up on the unambiguous non-compliances in
> the
> sip stack. If Karl raises a bug perhaps someone else has love to spare
> for early media INFO

I guess this is my key question also.  I have a suitable permanent
workaround and wanted to get the dev team's perspective as to whether
this was in fact a bug and is of sufficient concern to raise a bug
report.  The window of opportunity is pretty small and only affects
those who choose to use a known problematic digit delivery method.

Karl