[asterisk-dev] Broken SIP dialog if INFOmessagesreceivedbeforefinal OK

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Apr 20 07:16:24 CDT 2010

20 apr 2010 kl. 13.54 skrev Nick Lewis:

>> The use of INFO is very poorly documented, but we should
>> be able to handle other transactions while we have an
>> open INVITE transaction.
> I think most transactions other that INFO (e.g. REGISTER, SUBSCRIBE,
> NOTIFY, OPTIONS) would be in a different dialog/Call-ID from the open
> INVITE transaction so would not present asterisk with a problem. There
> seems to be much argument in the ietf lists regarding nested reinvites
> and updates which looks to a first approximation to summarise to
> "don't". Therefore the potential need for nested dialog transactions
> seems to be limited to INFO.
THe idea with UPDATE is exactly that - to be able to change a session
in early state. And OPTIONS can be sent within dialog too, even an
early dialog. It's not common, but can happen.

Now, we refuse new INVITEs if we have an open INVITE, but it's
still a transaction that happens.

DTMF during early state is poorly documented, but in many cases supported.

>> The SIP stack needs a lot of love.
> I think all my love is used up on the unambiguous non-compliances in the
> sip stack. If Karl raises a bug perhaps someone else has love to spare
> for early media INFO

:-)

/O