[asterisk-dev] Bugs/patches 16033 and 16590 ignored forever

Kirill 'Big K' Katsnelson kkm at adaptiveai.com
Mon Apr 19 22:58:57 CDT 2010

On 100416 0710, Leif Madsen wrote:
> I'm sorry you're frustrated. Unfortunately with the amount of resources we have
> to move issues forward, these particular issues have not made it onto any
> developers plate at the moment.
>
> As you may have noticed, there are over 600 open issues in the Asterisk project
> alone, so we're doing our best to keep up with all the issues filed. I'm
> estimating there are about 5-8 issues filed a day with a mix of minor issues,
> crash issues, feature submissions, and non-issues (configuration problem on the
> part of the reporter).
>
> These issues will get a review and moved forward as soon as time and available
> resources allow.
>
> Thanks for your understanding.

Please do not take offence on me. I am not so much frustrated but rather
hopeless. You are right, we are trying to squeeze every last bit of
action out of Asterisk, and the issues we hitting there might be one of
a kind. I just came to a conclusion that these bugs are really unlike to
happen to anyone else out there, so it does not make sense for me to try
to publish, push in and support the patches -- speaking as frankly as I
can. Nothing more than that.

  -kkm