[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.8 plans

Ron Arts ron.arts at netland.nl
Wed Apr 14 17:03:38 CDT 2010

Op 14-04-10 16:56, Tilghman Lesher schreef:
> On Wednesday 14 April 2010 00:45:19 Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>> Friends,
>> I just read an article where Kevin states that IPv6 is part of 1.8. And
>> Russell will have a presentation in Paris on what's going to be in 1.8. I
>> haven't seen this on the mailing lists, so can you please share this
>> information with the dev list as well, so that we know what's planned and
>> is going on? I think the dev list is a good place to pre-launch this kind
>> of information, to keep developers in the loop.
>
> I think that having IPv6 in 1.8 pretty much had to happen, given that the IPv4
> range is running out of space, and a good number of mainstream US ISPs
> (including Comcast) are on track to begin deploying IPv6 to their customers
> in the next 12 months.

Not only that, but slowly the customers are beginning to require it.
The Dutch Parliament is planning to demand ipv6 support for all
government purchases by the end of this year.

Best,
Ron Arts

--
Netland Internet Services BV
bedrijfsmatige internetoplossingen

http://www.netland.nl  Science Park 140           1098 XG Amsterdam
info: 020-5628282      servicedesk: 020-5628282   fax: 020-5628281
KvK Amsterdam 33253286

Op dit bericht is de volgende disclaimer van toepassing:
http://www.netland.nl/maildisclaimer