[asterisk-dev] Copying channel variables to another channel

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Wed Apr 14 15:36:49 CDT 2010

asterisk-dev,

I'm attempting to write, what I believe to be, a trivial patch to fix
an existing issue (https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=17180).  I
figure it might be an _easy_ way to learn more about chan_sip.  I
believe I know the solution to the problem, but was looking to get
more information about 'copying' a channel variable from one channel
to another.

Back in May '06
(http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2006-May/020713.html)
Olle talks about copying channel variables.

---
When one channel creates another channel, we copy some data to the new channel.
---

I've been looking in the source, but haven't found an existing
function to do this. I'm curious if we copy _certain_ channel
variables into a new channel or are we to copy all existing variables?

--
Paul Belanger
Polybeacon | Consultant