[asterisk-dev] T.38 Issues

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Thu Apr 1 15:08:48 CDT 2010

Our T.38 stopped working on Monday.

Our system is setup with a PRI gatway to an asterisk 1.6.1.18 server to the
ATA

We are using NAT between the Asterisk switch and the ATA units

When I do packet captures at the server I see both legs of the call (Server
to Gateway) and (Server to ATA)
The inital T.38 signialling seems to be working but the T.38 UDP from the
gateway to the server is not being sent from the server to ATA.

This was working on Sunday as 10 faxes went out with no issue.
Nothing was changed on the asterisk server and I have restart the asterisk
process

Any ideas why asterisk would not be forwarding the T.38 UDP packets to the
end point.
At first I thought it might be a Nat issue but they are not even being sent
from the server?

Any advice on how to further trouble shoot this one?

Thanks
Bryant