[asterisk-dev] valgrind errors

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Tue Sep 29 09:25:06 CDT 2009

On Tuesday 29 September 2009 03:32:41 Benny Amorsen wrote:
> Are errors shown by valgrind reason enough to open an asterisk issue?
>
> With 1.6.0.16rc1 I get various valgrind messages, and I can either post
> them here or report them on issues.asterisk.org.

That depends upon the nature of the valgrind warnings.  Some of them are
normal and not worth a bug report.  For instance, the warnings about the
dynamic loader functions are false positives.  Anything about closing non-open
file descriptors are also false positives.  However, if you have a bad read
(somewhat bad) or a bad write (very bad) in non-codec code, those are worth a
look to see if we can do something about them.

--
Tilghman Lesher