[asterisk-dev] valgrind errors

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Tue Sep 29 03:32:41 CDT 2009

Are errors shown by valgrind reason enough to open an asterisk issue?

With 1.6.0.16rc1 I get various valgrind messages, and I can either post
them here or report them on issues.asterisk.org.

Incidentally, so far the warnings about valgrind overhead seem to be a
bit overblown. Neither memory use nor CPU load seems to be seriously
affected here, at least as long as valgrind only runs for a few of our
virtualized Asterisks. Of course I may yet come to regret this statement
as we add more valgrind sessions...

/Benny