[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] AST-33: Create a list of channel variables to be posted within AMI call events

Stefan Reuter stefan.reuter at reucon.com
Sat Sep 26 07:22:45 CDT 2009

Tilghman Lesher wrote:

>> I don't understand you. It's a manager header that we use to display
>> channel variables.
>> We have a policy of not adding new headers if we already have one we
>> use.
>
> Also, I'm pretty sure the Java implementation guys would prefer that we
> make each header within an event completely unique, otherwise it breaks
> their implementation.

As one of the Java implementation guys I can add:

The syntax
Variable: var1=val1
Variable: var2=val2

is already supported in Asterisk-Java and works fine. In Asterisk-Java
this translates to a Map called "variable" which contains
var1 -> val1
var2 -> val2

So a syntax like

Channel1Var: SV_OWNER=a1101
Channel1Var: SV_PEER=a1116
Channel1Var: DISPLAY_URL=
Channel2Var: SV_OWNER=xyz

would work pretty well for us.
The alternative Channel1Var-SV_OWNER would be less pleasant as we would
need explicit knowledge that the prefix Channel1Var has to be treated
special.

=Stefan