[asterisk-dev] channel driver question

Gallmeier, Jonathan Jonathan.Gallmeier at polycom.com
Fri Sep 11 10:56:43 CDT 2009

Thanks for your reply and sorry that I posed a very general question. I've got a ton of verbose messages in my code and nothing seems to point to the problem. I didn't think about the sip side. I'll look at the sip debug messages and see if that points me in the right direction. If I saw where the hangup originated, I could figure out the problem and fix it. :)

I think my real problem is my lack of understanding how bridging works, and how the channel driver works to some extent. I'm not sure what flavor of bridging I'm using. I've left the bridging to the default asterisk routines. Basically I've set my dial plan up to accept a call on a given number from the sip phone. It then turns around and dials an address via my channel driver using the Dial command. I understand the apps... still spinning up on the channel driver side.

Thanks again for your reply...

Jonathan