[asterisk-dev] MeetMe and kernel module dependency

Jeff Gehlbach jeffg at jeffg.org
Tue Sep 8 14:51:33 CDT 2009

On Sep 8, 2009, at 3:08 PM, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> Are there any plans to make the Asterisk MeetMe application
> independent of
> kernel modules? Currently MeetMe won't work unless a set of special
> character
> devices are present under /dev? Referring to Asterisk 1.4.xx .

I think you're referring to the requirement for a Zaptel / DAHDI
module, which MeetMe uses as a timing source for audio mixing.

If memory serves, that requirement goes away in Asterisk 1.6.2.x,
whose first release candidate is available for testing.  I haven't
personally had a chance to use it yet.

-jeff