[asterisk-dev] please please please open ViewVC for svn.digium.com again

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Sep 4 10:24:47 CDT 2009

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> We have considered that, but our extensive use of svn:externals and svn
> properties in general means that importing into these SCMs frequently
> loses a lot of information, and can in some cases become unusable.
>
> Can someone who understands these other SCMs and their ability to
> represent Subversion's features that we use comment on this? I'm not
> opposed to offering clones of the repository, as long as they are fully
> functional and usable.

Tzafrir commented that git doesn't handle svn:externals, so his
instructions include having to import menuselect before you can build.
With hgsvn, you have the same issue.  Externals are completely ignored,
so at least with Asterisk, it means menuselect needs to be linked in to
the working copy before you can build.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager, Open Source Software