[asterisk-dev] please please please open ViewVC for svn.digium.com again

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Sep 4 10:10:19 CDT 2009

Jeffrey Ollie wrote:

> It's this "wait a long time" issue...  Would it be possible for Digium
> to set up "official" git and/or mercurial mirrors of the code?  That
> way people that prefer working with git or hg would only need to do
> "git clone" or "hg clone".  I'm sure that it would be much quicker,
> and probably a lot less stressful on the subversion server.

We have considered that, but our extensive use of svn:externals and svn
properties in general means that importing into these SCMs frequently
loses a lot of information, and can in some cases become unusable.

Can someone who understands these other SCMs and their ability to
represent Subversion's features that we use comment on this? I'm not
opposed to offering clones of the repository, as long as they are fully
functional and usable.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com