[asterisk-dev] please please please open ViewVC for svn.digium.com again

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Fri Sep 4 09:56:01 CDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Russell Bryant<russell at digium.com> wrote:

> In the mean time, an alternative approach is to do some sort of
> mirroring of the Asterisk repository so that you can view it locally.
> Tzafrir posted information about how to import Asterisk into git
> recently.  Here is some information for doing it with mercurial:
> [...]
> ... wait a long time ...

It's this "wait a long time" issue...  Would it be possible for Digium
to set up "official" git and/or mercurial mirrors of the code?  That
way people that prefer working with git or hg would only need to do
"git clone" or "hg clone".  I'm sure that it would be much quicker,
and probably a lot less stressful on the subversion server.

--
Jeff Ollie