[asterisk-dev] Choppy Audio with JACK (app_jack)

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Thu Oct 29 16:05:16 CDT 2009

Esben Stien wrote:
> Russell Bryant <russell at digium.com> writes:
>
>> -       float f_buf[f->samples * 8];
>> +       float f_buf[f->samples * 12];
>
> I actually did try that last week. It was giving me random intervals of
> white noise. I could hear clean audio for half a second, then a little
> white noise, then clean audio again, continuously.
>
> I also had that same message repeat:
>
> [Oct 22 16:07:06] ERROR[29065]: app_jack.c:559 queue_voice_frame: Output
> buffer filled ... need to increase its size

Try bumping it up to 13, then.  That error message comes up when the
buffer is completely full, which may be normal.  If that doesn't work,
you'll have to file an issue on https://issues.asterisk.org/ for someone
to look at it in more depth.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager, Open Source Software