[asterisk-dev] Release schedule change

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Wed Oct 21 10:24:03 CDT 2009

Kai Hoerner wrote:
> oej wrote:
>> I think it would be nice to the community to at least respond and try
>> to discuss before making a final decision.
>>
> It would also be nice to announce a final decision (if made), for those
> who didn't attend astricon.
>
> Is the proposal announced on this list now a final decision?
>

> Regards,
> kaii

I can't speak for Russell and Kevin, so I'm not sure about the accuracy of my
statements.

What I gathered was that the presentation of Astricon was to let people know
that we are for sure changing the release model. The methods and specifics of
the releases have not been finalized, though, and the presentation at Astricon
was to show the tentative plan as proposed on the mailing list. The idea was
that they could potentially field questions from people who may have concerns
over the new method at the time, too.

By the way, Kevin and Russell's talk is on video, but I'm not sure that it's
available on-line yet. I would recommend watching the Astricon and TMCnet sites
since those are the most likely places you will see the video posted.

Mark Michelson