[asterisk-dev] Channel support for GSM devices

Odicha odi at odicha.net
Fri Oct 9 12:14:00 CDT 2009

Moises Silva escribió:
> Hola Odicha, un gusto verte por aqui :-)
>
> On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 5:00 AM, Odicha <odi at odicha.net
> <mailto:odi at odicha.net>> wrote:
>
>     My proposal goes through using a model similar to chan_dahdi with a
>     common interface towards Asterisk and connect with specific
>     modules for
>     each class of hardware device, simplifying management tasks. For
>     example, to send an sms through any supported device to follow the
>     protocol to asterisk would face exactly the same.
>

> I am a newbie in this gsm thing, but eager to learn and contribute
> because it sounds like a very interesting area to work on. I'd like to
> have your opinion on how your proposal relates to Giovanni Maruzzelli
> project GSMOpen http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/GSMopen ,
> which apparently is something like the second generation celliax?

Hi Moises!
Really it's related, but my thinking is make it part of dahdi, so we
have only one "hardware layer". Not a different channel, because it's
simpler and clever have only one hardware layer channel. I'm working at
now on pci gsm multisim cards (opvx g440p). I'll have something working
this weekend, but I'm using Junnghanns libgsmat library, as Tzafrir
guided me, so in principle it can't not be added to dahdi trunk because
of code policy (perhaps a rewrite of libgsmat solves it).  Working on
signalling now....