[asterisk-dev] Channel support for GSM devices

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 10:24:51 CDT 2009

Hola Odicha, un gusto verte por aqui :-)

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 5:00 AM, Odicha <odi at odicha.net> wrote:

> My proposal goes through using a model similar to chan_dahdi with a
> common interface towards Asterisk and connect with specific modules for
> each class of hardware device, simplifying management tasks. For
> example, to send an sms through any supported device to follow the
> protocol to asterisk would face exactly the same.

I am a newbie in this gsm thing, but eager to learn and contribute because
it sounds like a very interesting area to work on. I'd like to have your
opinion on how your proposal relates to Giovanni Maruzzelli project GSMOpen
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/GSMopen , which apparently is something like
the second generation celliax?

--
Moises Silva