[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Release Schedule

Miguel Molina mmolina at millenium.com.co
Wed Oct 7 18:17:31 CDT 2009

Rod Dorman escribió:

>> I'm curious about the need for both 'Minor' and 'Patch'
>>
>> What would be an example of a "trivial" change that couldn't just bump
>> the 'Patch' level?
>>

> Sigh... today is just not my day. I meant of course bump the 'Minor'
> level.

Well according to what I've seen in asterisk versions, the differences
between 'Minor' and 'Patch', are that the 'Minor' includes a whole bunch
of fixes that resolve some bugs in a given amount of time (several weeks
usually), on the normal bug fixing release process. 'Patch' is just for
a quick "urgent" fix or to introduce a security fix (the ones named
AST-YYYY-XXX). It makes sense, because usually only one patch is made to
the code on that kind of quick release.

Cheers,

--
Ing. Miguel Molina