[asterisk-dev] Running asterisk trunk build

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Nov 29 07:52:42 CST 2009

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 05:06:27AM -0800, Kirill 'Big K' Katsnelson wrote:
> I checked out trunk head code and built it. I seem to be unable to run
> it, and the reason, *seems* to me, is that it tries to load old modules.

I guess this is a reasonable excuse for Asterisk to segfault.

You should normally get a warning about it in 'make install' .

> I have asterisk installed on the same machine. I would like to keep it
> this way (not upgrade) if possible. Neither build specified any --with
> directoriy options.

I have Asterisk installed from packages. I do not want whatever
experimental branch of Asterisk I work with to contaminate my system.
Thus I wrote
http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/trunk/contrib/scripts/live_ast

> In /etc, there is a file asterisk.conf that I *think* can be used to
> point asterisk to its module directories. There is also the -C command
> line option that, as the help message says, would specify a different
> config file, which I *assume* is the one that would be loaded instead of
> /etc/asterisk.conf, or whatever the build default is.
>
> Now, the matter of fact is, I am wrong. Trunk distribution does not
> include configs/asterisk.conf.sample, so I *guess* it has been deprecated.

asterisk.conf is generated at install time (or rather: at 'make samples'
time). live_ast edits that.

So try:

  make DESTDIR=$PWD/tmp samples

Look at tmp/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf . Be sure to enable the section
[directories] by removing the '()' that follow it if you want it to
actually do something useful.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com