[asterisk-dev] Running asterisk trunk build

Kirill 'Big K' Katsnelson kkm at adaptiveai.com
Sun Nov 29 07:06:27 CST 2009

I checked out trunk head code and built it. I seem to be unable to run
it, and the reason, *seems* to me, is that it tries to load old modules.

I have asterisk installed on the same machine. I would like to keep it
this way (not upgrade) if possible. Neither build specified any --with
directoriy options.

In /etc, there is a file asterisk.conf that I *think* can be used to
point asterisk to its module directories. There is also the -C command
line option that, as the help message says, would specify a different
config file, which I *assume* is the one that would be loaded instead of
/etc/asterisk.conf, or whatever the build default is.

Now, the matter of fact is, I am wrong. Trunk distribution does not
include configs/asterisk.conf.sample, so I *guess* it has been deprecated.

Am I doing something one does not want to do? I remember 1.6.1.6 ran
fine before `make install', but that was on a machine without any
version of asterisk installed. Anyhow, it would be really nice to run
the build that is not installed.

So, anybody can share the secret spell that would let me do that? Magic
highly appreciated.

  -kkm