[asterisk-dev] Insulting source code comments in main/channel.c

Vlasis Hatzistavrou (KTI) vhatz at kinetix.gr
Mon Nov 23 15:52:19 CST 2009

Moises Silva wrote:
> I don't know about that, but you have made your point pretty clear, now
> chill out and submit a patch to the bug tracker. As others have pointed
> out already, time to move on and do something productive.

Moises, this thread started out as a minor issue about a comment which
offended some people. Instead of leaving it at that, it transformed to
an OT thread with me defending whether those people have the basic right
to feel offended by something which is impolite to say the least.

I consider defending my point of view as highly productive and although
this thread is already OT I still have to reply to arguments directed at
me in the same medium that I read them.

Is this the forum to decide whether one has the right to feel offended
by something?

Clearly no.

But as long as some people keep on saying that the offended should "grow
up", become "mature", etc in this forum, it's only natural to reply to
these posts in the same forum.

So, although you believe that I have made my point pretty clear, the
replies by other people in this thread show otherwise, unfortunately.
I am sure you understand.

Regards,
Vlasis.