[asterisk-dev] /team/group/CCSS/channels/chan_sip.c - PUBLISH

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Mon Nov 23 12:18:59 CST 2009

Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> 20 nov 2009 kl. 10.14 skrev Nick Lewis:
>

>>> I am kind of interested in all those abbreviations you're
>>> using here. EPA, ESC - stuff I haven't heard anywhere else.
>>>
>> RFC3903 I guess
>>

> Thanks!
>
> You could have added the explanation (from the RFC):
> ------
>
> Event Publication Agent (EPA): The User Agent Client (UAC) that
>       issues PUBLISH requests to publish event state.
>
>    Event State Compositor (ESC): The User Agent Server (UAS) that
>       processes PUBLISH requests, and is responsible for compositing
>       event state into a complete, composite event state of a resource.
>
> -----
>
> /O

Yeah, my intention is to have some developer-level doxygen in the code
before it's committed which explains how you can set up an event state
compositor and event publication agent for your event-package of choice.
For now, my commits have just used the abbreviations used throughout RFC
3903.

Mark Michelson