[asterisk-dev] Insulting source code comments in main/channel.c

Mon Nov 23 12:17:41 CST 2009

On November 23, 2009 03:30:33 am Floimair Florian wrote:
>             /*! Unless of course, you're a silly European, so then prefer
>  ALAW */
>
>             AST_FORMAT_ALAW,

> Well, what can I say. I'm European but I'm definitely not silly. This is
>  not only insulting but also very narrow-minded. Therefore I kindly request
>  you to remove the "silly" from the comment in the code.

You're serious?

Grow a sense of humour about yourself and your culture.  Honestly, it's emails
like this that reinforce stereotypes detrimental to cultures.

I can't believe you actually wasted the time to write such a whiny email.

> But enough of the talk. Please just remove the word "silly" from the
>  comment and everyone should be fine.

How about you crawl back into bed so the big bad world can't upset your
delicate sensibilities any more.

Honestly.

-A.