[asterisk-dev] Can asterisk PRI/BRI support redirect calls

Alec Davis sivad.a at paradise.net.nz
Thu Nov 19 02:04:41 CST 2009

I tried today while connected to a Jtec QSIG E1 card, with
DAHDISendCallreroutingFacility with the following test dialplan:

Extension 4888 is on the Fujitsu

[incoming]
exten => 8688,1,Answer()
exten => 8688,n,Playback(connecting)
exten => 8688,n,DAHDISendCallreroutingFacility(4888,8688)
exten => 8688,n,Playback(goodbye)

With the following in chan_dahdi.conf
context=incoming
facilityenable=yes
transfer=yes
switchtype=qsig
signalling=pri_cpe
channel => 1-15,17-31

Is this how DAHDISendCallreroutingFacility is expected to be setup?

After dialing into the E1 and hearing 'connecting' the result was an
immediate hangup as the transfer was started, the only a warning regarding
'reason' and defaulting to unknown.

The Facilty messaqge sent to the Jtec was 86 bytes long, is there a way to
construct a minimal facilty message, as the Jtec debug, although I don't
have it tonight, reported an error with one of the 'message types' in the
facility message.

I have the option of swapping out the QSIG card in the Jtec for a non QSIG
card, and change to switchtype=euroisdn in chan_dahdi.conf. Would
DAHDISendCallreroutingFacility then do the equivalent ETSI methods to
reroute the call?

I may be able to test this over the weekend, in the mean time, I thought I'd
ask, if this was the correct way, or if mattf, rmudgett or others had 'team'
branch that is a work in progress that we can perhaps have a look at.

Alec Davis