[asterisk-dev] Can asterisk PRI/BRI support redirect calls

Saúl Ibarra saghul at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 05:28:28 CST 2009

Hi Alec,

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Alec Davis <sivad.a at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> We have asterisk for a small group of users in our head office, and still a
> Fujtisu PBX for the majority of users.
>
> The request have been can we get asterisk to be the Automated Attendant for
> incoming calls from the PSTN.
> IE. Press
>    1 for sales
>    2 for service
>    3 for admin
>    0 for reception
>
> The answer so far is, of course asterisk can. But as I understand it will
> bridge the call to the Fujitsu PABX.
>
> We need to transfer the call back out of asterisk down the E1 line and to
> the MAIN PABX, and free up the 2 trunks used. As I understand this, redirect
> the call.
>
> Tthe setup is as below.
>
> SALES       SERVICE/ADMIN/...
> ASTERISK    FJPABX
>   |        |
>   E1       E1
>   |        |
>   ISDN SWITCH (Jtec 5015 - Nice but obsolete)
>        E1
>       TELCO
>       PSTN
>
> Developers: Guide me in the right direction, and if it's not supported,
> what's the likely hood? Or do I need rmudgett on the case.

If I understood correctly what you need is called "Call path
replacement" which is not currently supported in Asterisk. However, I
contacted Dialogic as their Diva cards seemed to support this
(according to their website).

For that you need chan_dialogicdiva, which at the time I checked it
did support call path replacement but NOT in NT mode. You may ask
again if support has been added.

Regards,

--
/Saúl