[asterisk-dev] How to get SIP packet source ip address in asterisk application

Kai Hoerner kai at ciphron.de
Mon Nov 16 01:28:13 CST 2009

Hi,

i suggest you leave the authentication to the asterisk SIP stack and
only let the authenticated peer enter the right context that contains
your call to Application().

if you really plan to implement authentication on your own (i see no
good reason for that) you should start by looking at the "ast_channel"
and "sip_pvt" structs. "sip_pvt" holds all information about the active
SIP "dialog" (i.e. "call" in this case)

channel->tech_pvt is a pointer from the ast_channel abstraction to the
SIP tech-specific object. (of type sip_pvt)
Before accessing any of its properties you want to check if the channel
is type SIP.

http://www.asterisk.org/doxygen/asterisk1.6.2/structsip__pvt.html