[asterisk-dev] Call answer problem

Rafael Seste rseste at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 08:00:02 CST 2009

Hello all,

I have a setup with chan_mobile and chan_usbb2k. When I make calls
through chan_mobile, sometimes asterisk does not inform the usbb2k
channel that the other side answered and it stays play the ringback.
This problem normally occurs when I answer before the second ring.

    -- Called Seste/XXXXXXXXXX
    -- Mobile/Seste-416c is ringing
  == USBB2K yealink indicate AST_CONTROL_RINGING
  == USBB2K yealink indicate AST_CONTROL_RINGING with owner
  == chan_mobile -- Other side answered
    -- Mobile/Seste-416c answered ALSA/hw:0,0
  == USBB2K yealink indicate AST_CONTROL_ANSWERED
normal conversation

ERROR:

    -- Called Seste/XXXXXXXXXX
    -- Mobile/Seste-416c is ringing
  == USBB2K yealink indicate AST_CONTROL_RINGING
  == USBB2K yealink indicate AST_CONTROL_RINGING with owner
  == chan_mobile -- Other side answered
playing ringing back on chan_usbb2k
when other side hangup asterisk prints:
    -- Mobile/Seste-416c answered ALSA/hw:0,0
and then hangs up

It looks like asterisk was blocked and just released after the hangup.

I made the same test with chan_sip and all calls were answered correctly.

Anybody knows what could cause this behavior??

thanks in advance

--
Rafael S. Seste