[asterisk-dev] 0016123: [patch] ExternalIVR trapping non-existent files does not work

David Ruggles thedavidfactor at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 13:25:00 CST 2009

I would like to start a discussion about the subject.

ExternalIVR currently doesn't work the way it is documented. It should send
a 'Z' event for non-existent files, which it doesn't do. This patch would
fix that.

The issue that needs to be discussed is whether or not the new Z events
would cause existing programs, based on the current behavior, to break and
if so, how should this be handled. I don't have a stake in this discussion
so how it's handled really doesn't matter to me, I just need to fix the bug.

I do believe that the 'Z' event should return the file that was missing.
There is already precedent for this: 'Z' events return data for failures
related to 'T' commands and the two other events related to playing files,
'D' & 'F' both return the file name.