[asterisk-dev] STANDALONE define magic ?

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Sun Nov 8 07:58:43 CST 2009

Hi!
  I'm trying to debug some memory allocation/free issues (a crash in the
VOLUME() function) and I would like to activate the Asterisk memory allocation
debugging routines.
In the astmm.h include file, __AST_DEBUG_MALLOC is turned on, if STANDALONE is
not defined. But I didn't find any config option/place, where to control the
presence of the STANDALONE define, it seems to be hardcoded in various
Makefiles etc.
  What is the exact purpose of the STANDALONE(2,3..) defines and how to control
them ?
  Sorry for such a stupid question, but I was googling a lot and didn't googled
anything out.
  With regards,
     Pavel