[asterisk-dev] channel name uniqueness

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue May 19 07:24:22 CDT 2009

On May 18, 2009, at 5:38 PM, paul at glccom.com wrote:

> The names of the active sip channels are guaranteed to be unique
> only if
> asterisk data pointers are 32 bits, that is, asterisk is compiled on a
> 32 bit system. If, on the other hand, asterisk is compiled on a 64 bit
> system, pointers are 64 bits so that a 32 bit data pointer is
> ambiguous
> because heap is allocated both above and below 4 gigabytes.

Yes, you are correct.  I'm sorry for missing what you were saying the
first time.  So, while it seems like running into this problem would
be very unlikely, it is a bug that we need to address.

It would be excellent if you could post this to issues.asterisk.org.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Senior Software Engineer, Open Source Team Lead