[asterisk-dev] app_meetme - distinguish between redirect and hangup?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue May 12 11:33:04 CDT 2009

In article <3de056a30905120724j6de17e3ck82ce0da099ae2bc5 at mail.gmail.com>,
David Backeberg <dbackeberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) make sure that you've checked trunk and that you're changes aren't
> already part of a future release

As far as I could see, there is nothing like this. Perhaps I'll describe
what I'm doing.

My conference app uses the i/I option to allow the caller to record their
name and to announce them to the conference. It also allows an operator
or system manager to pull a participant into a side conference temporarily
and then put them back in the main conference.

At the moment, when they are pulled out, their departure is announced to
the main conference, and when they return, they have to record their name
again. I want to avoid both these things.

What I am planning is this:

1. When the user has recorded their name, the name of the name file is
stored in a channel variable MEETME_NAMEFILE.

2. When the channel leaves the conference, if the caller has really hung
up, the exit announcement is played as normal, the name file deleted and
the MEETME_NAMEFILE variable removed.  However, if they have only been
redirected, then the exit announcement is optionally suppressed
(controlled by another option flag) and the name file is not deleted.

3. When the user joins a conference with i/I options, the variable
MEETME_NAMEFILE will be checked, and it will test whether the referenced
name file exists. If it does, then the user will not be prompted to record
their name, the joining announcement will be optionally suppressed, and
the name of the file remembered for when the user hangs up.

I was also planning to add a MeetmeIntro application that would just do
the recording as for the i/I option, and would set MEETME_NAMEFILE and
then return, allowing this prepared namefile to be used later when joining
a conference. This will also need a matching MeetmeCleanup application
that can be called from the h extension to delete any namefile referenced
by MEETME_NAMEFILE.

Any comments from anyone on this approach are welcome!

Cheers
Tony

--
Tony Mountifield