[asterisk-dev] app_meetme - distinguish between redirect and hangup?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue May 12 11:16:17 CDT 2009

In article <3de056a30905120724j6de17e3ck82ce0da099ae2bc5 at mail.gmail.com>,
David Backeberg <dbackeberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Tony Mountifield
> <tony at softins.clara.co.uk> wrote:
> > Is there anything else to be aware of? Thanks for the sanity check.
>
> Hopefully you're better at making changes to meetme than I was.

Hopefully :-)... MeetMe is the part of Asterisk that I have customised
the most over the last five years. Some of those customisations have
made it into the tree and some haven't.

> My changes weren't safe and I ended up clogging up my system with
> threads (channels) that didn't complete. In general, I'd say:
>
> 1) make sure that you've checked trunk and that you're changes aren't
> already part of a future release
> 2) make sure that what you're doing in your code changes can't be
> performed in an equally valid way outside of meetme. In my case I was
> trying to modify the way recording is performed on conferences, but it
> was better to instead manipulate MixMonitor() from the dialplan. I
> just didn't know that at the time.
> 3) once you have your changes in, try throwing a few hundred fake
> calls at the system that exercise the code you changed, and make sure
> you're not hanging channels like I did when I made code mistakes.
>
> If you finish your changes and they don't break things, file a bug
> reporting what you did so it can be part of a future release.

Thanks for the comments. Sometimes I do submit my changes, but a lot
of the time I'm too many versions behind.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield