[asterisk-dev] "Asterisk cmd MYSQL" app_addon_sql_mysql / performance ?

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Tue May 5 09:53:18 CDT 2009

On Tuesday 05 May 2009 08:58:28 Julien Chavanton wrote:
> I was looking for a (http socket module / mysql module) not using
> AGI(perl/php/shell) for asterisk in order to do intensive database / web
> server interactions as needed without performance to much overhead.
>
> Is there a real benefit in using : "Asterisk cmd MYSQL" app_addon_sql_mysql
> , I see it require perl DBD so it is not using Mysql C API, then there must
> be an instance of the perl interpreter for every query ?

You are quite mistaken.  The MYSQL app addon uses native MySQL calls, not
Perl.  However, we recommend that you use func_odbc, both because it supports
multiple databases as well as because its usage won't cause resource leaks
(the usage of the MYSQL app addon may cause resource leaks, if you aren't
careful).  If you want an HTTP socket module, please see func_curl.

--
Tilghman