[asterisk-dev] "Asterisk cmd MYSQL" app_addon_sql_mysql / performance ?

Julien Chavanton jc at atlastelecom.com
Tue May 5 08:58:28 CDT 2009

I was looking for a (http socket module / mysql module) not using AGI(perl/php/shell) for asterisk in order to do intensive database / web server interactions as needed without performance to much overhead.

Is there a real benefit in using : "Asterisk cmd MYSQL" app_addon_sql_mysql , I see it require perl DBD so it is not using Mysql C API, then there must be an instance of the perl interpreter for every query ?