[asterisk-dev] Asterisk crashed randomly

John Todd jtodd at digium.com
Thu Mar 26 11:29:09 CDT 2009

On Mar 26, 2009, at 4:35 AM, Ngo-Vi Hoai-Anh wrote:

> Hi guys,
> we have some kind of an issue with our asterisk boxes running on
> 1.4.19.2
> Randomly Asterisk just crashed and then restarted by
> 'safe_asterisk' . The core dump
> indicates that.
>
> Core was generated by `/usr/sbin/asterisk -f -vvvg -c'.
> #0  0x00b857c3 in alawtolin_framein (pvt=0x974e780, f=0x92f66dc) at
> codec_alaw.c:65
> 65                      *dst++ = AST_ALAW(*src++);
>
> I'm not sure if it is a bug in the code or it is produced by some
> weird calls, anyway I guess it has to work.
>
> Core dump can be odwnladed at http://filebin.ca/qtkjnm/core.mg04.fra.net-m.internal-2009-03-23T22:50:27+0100.bz2
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Hoai-Anh

Thank you for the bug report!  However, the individuals on the mailing
list quite often do not track down bugs based on posts to the list.
Could you please report this bug with details on the bugs.digium.com
interface so that it receives adequate attention by developers and bug
trackers?

Instructions are here:
   http://www.asterisk.org/developers/bug-guidelines

Bug tracker is here:
   http://bugs.digium.com/

Thanks!

JT

---
John Todd                       email:jtodd at digium.com
Digium, Inc. | Asterisk Open Source Community Director
445 Jan Davis Drive NW -  Huntsville AL 35806  -   USA
direct: +1-256-428-6083         http://www.digium.com/