[asterisk-dev] Asterisk crashed randomly

Ngo-Vi Hoai-Anh hoaianh at gmx.de
Thu Mar 26 06:35:07 CDT 2009

Hi guys,
we have some kind of an issue with our asterisk boxes running on 1.4.19.2
Randomly Asterisk just crashed and then restarted by 'safe_asterisk' . The core dump
indicates that.

Core was generated by `/usr/sbin/asterisk -f -vvvg -c'.
#0  0x00b857c3 in alawtolin_framein (pvt=0x974e780, f=0x92f66dc) at
codec_alaw.c:65
65                      *dst++ = AST_ALAW(*src++);

I'm not sure if it is a bug in the code or it is produced by some
weird calls, anyway I guess it has to work.

Core dump can be odwnladed at http://filebin.ca/qtkjnm/core.mg04.fra.net-m.internal-2009-03-23T22:50:27+0100.bz2

Thanks for your help.

Hoai-Anh