[asterisk-dev] About asterisk development plans

Gregory Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Wed Mar 18 18:59:10 CDT 2009

> No, they are just test plans that I run manually for my environment,
> like making sure incoming and outgoing calls work (SIP, DAHDI), calls
between sites
> work (DUNDi), transfers work (SIP blind and attended), and a few other
> tests. These are just test plans I step though for my environment, and I
think
> everyone should probably have a set of these for their own environments.

Sure.. this is really important for every administrator to define exactly
what features / functions they need to test. As we discussed at Astricon
(was it 3 years ago?) my idea was to create a dial-plan torture test w/ an
external control program that used SIPP to run automated SIP scenarios.

For me, I've stripped just about everything OUT of Asterisk for my core call
processing boxes. I believe that my modules.conf only loads about 50
modules, and the only channel driver that I use is chan_sip. For me, I have
a pretty simple set of tests that I run when I do an upgrade, but they are
usually done manually.