[asterisk-dev] Test framework (changed topic)

Gavin Henry gavin.henry at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 16:25:53 CDT 2009

<snip>

> I'd be thrilled to find some method of creating a foundation of this
> type.  However, my previous question to the list some time ago led to
> a pretty overwhelming silence - only 6 people bothered to reply via
> the web interface I provided for interest, and my experience tells me
> that response to actual payment ratios are pretty low.
>
>   http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-biz/2008-October/028416.html
>
> I'm willing to believe (hoping, in fact) that my methods for
> collecting this data were inadequate, or did not reach the right
> people, or through some other fault of my own came up short.  If we
> can re-energize this issue, I'd be happy to see how Digium can help it
> get off the ground or even manage it as a participant in the community
> effort.  A test jig would be a perfect first project.

I'm interested to know if the Digium business edition has a test
framework in place?

Anyway, I'm sorry for just *appearing* on the -dev list, but I do
always read it and
I'm glad I chipped in tonight in the other thread, as I wanted to
share the test suite
experiences of other open source projects I know about, including OpenLDAP.

So, we need someone to drive this, somewhere for kit to be hosted and
access to it.

I'm keen to put some money in too, but it needs to have a visible trail.

Shall we start a framework plan, then we can cost it up for time and
resources etc.

Gavin.