[asterisk-dev] About asterisk development plans

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at aholab.ehu.es
Wed Mar 18 10:22:47 CDT 2009

El Wed, 18 Mar 2009 10:19:05 -0400
David Backeberg <dbackeberg at gmail.com> escribió:

> No upgrade is painless. If you want to compare 1.4 to 1.6 conversion
> against say Windows XP to Windows Vista conversion, I don't think
> they're even in the same league.

Let us talk about that. Let us take a look to the Kde project I know much more
than Windows:

They released a broken branch, 4.0 por developing purposes. But they *HAD* a
rock-solid stable 3.5 branch so they could take as long as they wanted to
stabilize 4.X branch. While 4.X may result unstable for many people they have
the chance to use thir stable and working branch.

I think your comparision, as mine, are not suitable here.

> Most of the changes are nitpicky ways that you change the arguments in
> your dialplan and flags to applications. You fix them once, and then
> your application works. AGI development is way more awesome than it
> used to be, and I want to kiss whoever made

Not everything can be done via AGI.

--
First they ignore you.
Then they laugh at you.