[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] Change T38 passthrough reinvite to use control frames

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Tue Mar 17 15:29:56 CDT 2009

----- "John Lange" <john at johnlange.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 15:26 +0000, Joshua Colp wrote:
>
> > Summary
> > -------
> >
> > This patch changes the T38 passthrough reinvite method to use the
> existing T38 control frames. It also fixes an issue where T38 was
> accepted even though the remote side may be an application that was
> not aware of it.
>
> Just curious if any of these T38 fixes are being back-ported to 1.4 ?
>
> I've had very little success getting T38 working between SPA2102 and
> Cisco t38 enabled routers with a PRI card. I'm not ruling out
> misconfiguration on my part but it seems if fixes are being done
> perhaps
> they might help?

Without more information on what you mean by little success it's not easy
to say yes or no. These specific changes that are up for review though probably
would not help. They just improve how we handle the incoming reinvite and the subsequent
triggering of the reinvite on the other side.

If you file an issue report though I can take a look. Full sip debug of both sides would
be needed along with a udptl debug. Knowing the the firmware version and IOS version
would also be useful. The support seems to really vary between different versions...

--
Joshua Colp
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer