[asterisk-dev] pseudo channel

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Mar 17 11:51:35 CDT 2009

john at spectross.com wrote:
> /* Make ring-back */
> if (tone_zone_play_tone(p->subs[SUB_CALLWAIT].zfd, ZT_TONE_RINGTONE))
>  ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "Unable to generate call-wait ring-back on channel
> %s\n", ast->name);

If you read my previous reply, this piece of code will start to make sense.

In this case, we're dealing with call waiting.  That means that there is
an Asterisk channel already up and connected to SUB_REAL, which is the
DAHDI channel associated with the physical interface.  Now, we have
another call coming in destined for this interface.  We're going to go
ahead and set up this call with a psuedo channel.  The piece of code you
refer to tells DAHDI to send ring back to the caller.  Meanwhile, the
DAHDI channel associated with the physical interface is hearing a call
waiting beep.

If this still isn't clear, I can try to draw up some ASCII art that
demonstrates the audio flow here ...

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Senior Software Engineer, Open Source Team Lead